Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Hi-- this is just a quick post to introduce myself. I am Adam Palmer. Me and Jonas Otsuji are starting a blog called SLR mentor as a place where you can come for photography related tips as well as one on one consulting on any issue related to photography.

I picked up photography as a hobby in the early nineties. It didn't take me too long to realize that I really loved photography so I made the transition to shooting for pay in 1998 and I have never looked back. The vast majority of my income comes from shooting weddings but I do like to venture into other areas of photography as well. I sell some Hawaii themed stock photography online at Photo Resource Hawaii. I've had a book of my photographs published by Mutual Publishing here in Hawaii. I've done art shows with my landscape work as well.

I am a Canon shooter and I am really into the technical side of photography as well as the art form. I've been a computer geek since a few years before I became obsessed with photography the transition from film to digital has played to a lot of my strengths. I do however have over 10 years of film photography experience so if that is something you are interested in let me know. Back in the film days I shot medium and large format film. My favorite cameras were my Hasselblad, Pentax 6x7, and Crown Graphic 4x5 film cameras. I do miss shooting with film from time to time but I the freedom that digital brings is really liberating.

I'll be back to post here soon but until then you can check out my work here and here.

No comments: